1. Contact your insurance company and let them know that we have inspected your property, and have discovered hail and/or wind damage from the recent storms.
2. We will be at your adjustment to show the adjuster the damage we have found, and our recommendations, and estimated cost for repairs.
3. The adjuster will either write up their estimate on the spot, and write a check for the claim, or send their estimate and check through the mail.
4. Upon receipt of the insurance company’s estimate and check we will sit down with you and go over the work they agreed to pay for. At this time your Storm Specialist will discuss your various options for color selection, upgrades, and scheduling.
5. Your Storm Specialist will turn in all your information to our corporate office, and the insurance company’s estimate will go under review by our production department. At this point we will more thoroughly look for any missing items on the insurance companies estimate, and also check pricing. We use a computer program called Xactimate (used by State Farm) to compare our prices and ensure all items are covered.
6. If we find any missing items, or pricing discrepancies we will contact you, and provide you a copy of our revised estimate. This does not necessarily change your cost; your insurance company will most likely correct their estimate to reflect ours.
7. Upon final agreement with your insurance company we will order the necessary supplies to begin building. Delivery will usually be in your driveway or side yard at your request. After delivery we will call you to schedule building.
8. We will need your driveway cleared during construction in order to park our trailer that will haul away the existing debris. Keep all children and pets inside, or away from the house. There will be a lot of noise, and debris. We do protect your landscaping and a perimeter around your home with plywood and tarps. When roofing, we will tear the entire roof down to the wood, and inspect for rotten or warped wood, and bring to your attention any additional issues before installing new felt underlayment, and your shingles and ventilation system.
9. We will clean up all debris, and roll your yard with a magnetic roller to pick up any stray nails, however we will be using thousands of nails, and we still recommend caution for the first couple of weeks so you can thoroughly remove all nails from your yard.
10. During any major construction project, there may be slight scratching to gutters, some stray nails, minor damage to yard and landscaping, debris in attic, etc. We will do our best to minimize these issues, but ask your patience and understanding if there is a problem.
11. Upon completion you will be asked to sign a completion form stating you are satisfied with the work. If you have any issues, please make a note on the completion form so we can address them immediately.
12. We will continue to schedule trades such as gutters, painting, siding, etc. for work. You do not need to be present while we complete most exterior repairs, and we will contact you to schedule any interior work.
13. Upon completion of all work we will ask you to sign off as to your satisfaction and we will then provide you with all your warranty information. Any deductible or upgrade charges are due at time.
14. Please allow our sign to remain in your yard for 2 weeks after the completion of your job. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, and if you are pleased with our work, tell somebody!!!